We use quite a lot of avocados in our home for its health benefits, not to mention the ease to toss-up some guacamole when you are lazy to cook. I came up with this recipe when I had a perfectly fermented batter ready to take form of set dosas, fully ripe avocados and a trip coming up next day. I had to use them all, and so I did! 🙂
I did tried and tasted couple of small batches before finding the perfect balance that I share with you now.
- 1 Avocado
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup onion (diced)
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- a sprig of curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Oil to saute
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan
- Add cumin, red chilies, garlic, onion and curry leaves
- Roast till golden brown (around 2-3 mins) then turn off the gas.
- Add avocado, tamarind paste and saute ingredients with some salt to a blender.
- Blend to a smooth paste
- Serve with idlis, dosas, or just about anything else. It makes an excellent and creamy dipping.