Eggless baking isn’t always easy but once you have found the perfect recipe.. it is a piece of cake :). With years of trial and error I can proudly say “Yeah.. I bake!” :)
You must agree that cakes with fresh fruit have something sinfully good about them. To make it even healthier.. I have used reduced quantity of brown sugar and coconut oil instead of Butter. Sounds good?
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (you can increase it to 3/4 if you prefer sweeter cake)
- 1 cup diced peaches (I have used fresh peach, you can use canned as well)
- Couple of peach slices for topping
- 3/4 cup milk (I use 2%, whole and fat free will work too)
- 1/4 cups melted Coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 F and lightly grease your baking pan
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, melted oil, salt and sugar and give it a stir.
- Add liquid mix to dry ingredients a little at a time while mixing in.
- Add in diced peaches and vanilla extract. Fold until well incorporated.
- Transfer your batter into the prepared pan and decorate with peach slices.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the pan stand for 10 minutes before removing the cake.
- Leave another 10 mins on cooling rack if you can resist the urge
;). Cooling will help cut clean slices.
Do try this recipe and don’t forget to share your experiences with me.