Continuing my date desert posts, today I will be sharing the recipe for Date and Sesame Laddoo. Once again the recipe is as simple as it can get. Let’s jump right in.
- Heat a non stick pan on Medium-Low flame
- Roast sesame seeds until slightly brown
- Blend the dates using a blender until roughly minced (I use Vitamix and around 1 minute is more than enough)
- Combine both ingredients and knead until all the sesame seeds are mixed
- Shape them as small balls using your hands or as per your liking.
- The amount of sesame that can be incorporated may change depending on dates used (some are more dry than others)
- Do not add any water or milk while blending or kneading, this can reduce the shelf life of your dessert
- You can shape them in any other desired shape using cooking cutters too.
- If using cookie cutter, Make sure to add a little fattening (butter/ light flavored oil) to a smooth surface and rolling-pin before rolling out your dough to avoid sticking.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe.