This Diwali I decorated a number of candles to set up multiple display areas throughout my home. Here is yet another candle.
To add more glam, I have used some glitter paint and rhinestone in addition to the basic puffy paints for this design. It was a very quick DIY project. Here is a short tutorial / tips for you to create your own 🙂
Materials used :
- Candle in glass container (I bought mine from dollar store) Or you can use the bare candle itself.
- Tulip paint – Blue glitter, gold metallic and red.
- Rhinestone (I used sky blue, champagne and deep red colored rhinestone from this link)
Instruction / Tips :
- Again , there isn’t much to it. I made the design freehand. Feel free to use my design if you wish.
- Make sure your hand movement is fluid and not broken.
- Keep the nozzle hovering a little above the glass surface, do not touch or drag the nozzle on the surface. This will help keep the lines clear and puffy.
With this one posted, I still have one more candle left to share. Stay tuned for my next post and see what I have done with it :). Until then check out my other three henna candles , hanging and flat glass candle holders and other fun and creative posts.
Have a fun and crafty Diwali!
Looking for more Diwali craft inspirations? Here are some of my previous creations, click on images to learn more.