One fine day while making shell pasta, I messed up my measurements and ended up with a lot of leftovers. Oh how much I hate left overs! I can’t serve same dish for two suppers.. How can I? Even if I wasn’t this jumpy cooking freak who can’t wait to cook something new, my blessed hubby would never eat “carbs” in consecutive nights.
I had to cook something different, something with more protein for sure but I also wanted to use my leftover pasta.. I just loath keeping cooked food in refrigerator for days.
That is when I came up with this recipe. It is loaded with protein in form of Tofu and Broccoli with a hint of unique flavor of asparagus, served with appetizing tomato sauce. Sounds good? Let’s dive in details of recipe then. 🙂
- Cooked shell Pasta
- 1 Pack Tofu (silken or soft, cut in cubes, it will be mashed afterwards)
- 1 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Asparagus cut in small pieces
- 2 tbsp Lemon pepper (adjust according to your liking)
- oil for saute
- 3 Medium size tomatoes – Pureed
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- freshly crushed black pepper (as per taste)
- Fresh Garlic or Garlic Powder (optional)
- salt (as per taste)
*I used silken tofu as it was handy, you can use other varieties of tofu for this recipe as well.
- Cook and keep the shell pasta aside (in my case I had them leftover)
- To prepare stuffing, heat a little oil in a pan
- Add onion and saute until golden brown
- Add asparagus and broccoli, mix well, let cook covered for 5 mins
- Add Tofu, mix well (I used silken tofu so it got mashed by just stirring, if you are using firm tofu, you might want to mush them before adding to saute)
- Add lemon pepper and cook for around 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Fill the stuffing in pre-cooked pasta shells and keep aside.
Let’s prepare our simple tomato sauce now
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add tomato puree
- dissolve corn flour in 1/4 cup water and add to the puree
- add garlic, salt, crushed black pepper and let it simmer for around 5 mins.