It will be wrong to say I like raw mangoes. The fact is.. I LOVE them! Whenever I see raw Mangoes in grocery store, I feel an unexplained pull..as if I am hypnotized and can NOT stop until I buy them. May be the priceless memories of childhood connected to them are the thing to blame. Back in India, picking raw Mangoes was great fun as it’s not just “picking” (they are hardly in reach). We use to devise all kinds of plans, throwing stones, climbing up trees, using a broom or a stick, lying to neighbors that our cricket ball went to their roof and we need to go get it, when in reality we are there to steal raw mangoes 🙂 . Good times!
Well.. Long story short..I love to eat raw Mangoes and try to include them in many dishes to add that awesome taste.
Yesterday while making salsa, I realized I have some raw mango left and decided to add them to the mix. The end result was great.
Next time I am going to use raw Mangoes as the primary ingredient. 🙂
Here is the recipe for you
- 2 Tomatoes – Finely chopped
- 1/2 Raw Mango – Finely chopped
- 1/2 Medium sized red onion – Finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies / Jalapeno peppers – Minced
- 1/2 Green pepper – Finely chopped
- A spring of cilantro – Finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp – Vinegar
- Salt as per taste
- Mix all the ingredients
- keep it in refrigerator for 30 mins
- Serve with your favorite chips
Happy Munching! 🙂