Until recently, I was not into painting my nails regularly. I guess all these things comes as a phase and fade away. Nail art somehow keep finding its way back :). Shiny things attract women and nail art is no exception.
I did this simple nail art couple of weeks back. It is glossy, have basic colors and require no fancy tools. Use good quality nail paints and proper top coat and this look will last easily for weeks.
I have used nail striping tape for this design. I ordered mine from a Chinese seller on Amazon. Though it took forever to arrive (4 -5 weeks), It is an awesome bargain for the price. If you are not sure how often you will actually get to use this and don’t want to spend much, like me, then this just might be the thing for you.
I have also ordered the dotting tool and brush set from here. Looking forward to its arrival and all the new designs I would be able to make 🙂
Tools and Things Required:
- Silver nail paint
- Black nail paint
- Glossy top coat
- Stripe nail tape, Silver (the one I bought was a pack of 10 with all beautiful colors)
- Small Scissors
How I did it:
Though it is pretty self-evident, here is how I did it.
For preparing nails, remove any remnants of last nail paint, clean and cut cuticles using a cuticle pusher.
- Paint 2 coats of black on three fingers and thumbs of both hands (leaving ring finger)
- Paint 2 coats of silver on ring finger
- Let dry
- Take the silver nail striping tape and stick it diagonally across thumb
- place another piece of tape parallel to first one. Make sure there is a little spacing between the two.
- Press it firmly and make sure the ends are properly glued to the nails.
- Put a single coat of a high gloss top coat
- Let it dry completely (I can never sit still for those couple of minutes, you can see it on little finger in this pic. 😛 )
I hardly go for black these days but I liked how it turned out. 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this simple nail art design small tutorial.